Families residing within the Unley High School zone have a guaranteed place at this school. You can check that your property falls within the zone by clicking here.
Families claiming ‘in zone’ rights, will need to provide the following proof of residence:
- If the parent owns their home, a copy of the contract of sale for the property or a recent council rates notice, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property
- If the parent rents their home, a rental agreement for a minimum of 12 months and a bond receipt lodged with Consumer and Business Services showing the current place of residence, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property.
For further information on enrolling in a South Australian high school and the transition from primary to high school process please Click Here.
Transition Process from Primary to Secondary School:
- Students and their families residing in the Unley High School Zone are guaranteed a place in Unley High School when they transition from Primary to Secondary School. Find your school zone here >
- A ‘Starting Secondary School’ Information pack will be distributed through the student’s government primary school. Students attending non-government primary schools may obtain these packs from Unley High School in April in the student’s final year of primary school.
- Students who live outside of the school zone may apply to enrol for the Unley High School and can list their preference for this school on the Registration of Interest form (ED176), with detailed reasons for their preference.
- The completed ED176 form is returned to your child’s government primary school by the date advised in the information pack.
- All applications go through a formal process at the Department for Education head office and students are allocated to secondary schools. Families are notified in mid-August.
- Students unsuccessful in gaining their first preference may be placed on a waiting list at this school and will be notified of their options in writing.
- The Starting Secondary School Information pack will give you more detailed information regarding this process.