Enrolment Information

Families residing within the Unley High School zone have a guaranteed place at this school. You can check that your property falls within the zone by clicking here.

Families claiming ‘in zone’ rights, will need to provide the following proof of residence:

  • If the parent owns their home, a copy of the contract of sale for the property or a recent council rates notice, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property
  • If the parent rents their home, a rental agreement for a minimum of 12 months and a bond receipt lodged with Consumer and Business Services showing the current place of residence, and a recent gas or electricity bill for that property.

For further information on enrolling in a South Australian high school and the transition from primary to high school process please Click Here.

Transition Process from Primary to Secondary School:

  • Students and their families residing in the Unley High School Zone are guaranteed a place in Unley High School when they transition from Primary to Secondary School. Find your school zone here >
  • A ‘Starting Secondary School’ Information pack will be distributed through the student’s government primary school.

    Students attending non-government primary schools that wish to attend Unley High School should register interest with the Department for Education. Information regarding this process can be found here.

    Link – https://www.education.sa.gov.au/parents-and-families/enrol-school-or-preschool/school-enrolment/starting-secondary-school

  • Students who live outside of the school zone may apply to enrol for the Unley High School and can list their preference for this school on the Registration of Interest form (ED176), with detailed reasons for their preference.
  • The completed ED176 form is returned to your child’s government primary school by the date advised in the information pack.
  • All applications go through a formal process at the Department for Education head office and students are allocated to secondary schools. Families are notified in mid-August.
  • Students unsuccessful in gaining their first preference may be placed on a waiting list at this school and will be notified of their options in writing.
  • The Starting Secondary School Information pack will give you more detailed information regarding this process.

Enrolments for all other year levels

The school is occasionally able to accommodate a limited number of ‘out of zone’ enrolments if vacancies in that year level are available.

For any enrolment enquiries, please read and fill out this form attaching your child’s latest school report and proof of current address (either a gas or electricity statement) and email:

dl.0797.enrolments@schools.sa.edu.au If you would like to speak to our Enrolments Officer please call Unley High School on +61 8 8394 5400.

Special Interest Programs Enrolment

If you would like to speak to our Enrolments Officer please call Unley High School on +61 8 8394 5400.

Special Interest Programs Enrolment

For more information on enrolling in one of our Special Interest Programs, please click on the program you are interested in.