27 July – Unley High School COVID-19 parent letter
Today the Premier announced that schools, preschools and children’s centres will reopen to all students tomorrow Wednesday 28 July 2021.
As a result, Unley High School will be open and return to face to face learning. If your family has been directed into a 14 day isolation or quarantine students will need to complete that isolation. These students will be able to access their learning via Google Classroom and be in contact with teachers via Google Classroom or email.
As the Chief Public Health Officer said, just because the hard lockdown is being lifted it does not mean that the risks associated with COVID-19 have passed.
As a result, we will:
- Minimise the number of people coming and going from our site. Wherever possible, please drop and collect your child at the gate and maintain the appropriate physical distancing
- School events, excursions and inter-school sport will be postponed for the following week
- Staff and students are required to wear masks when indoors such as classrooms, corridors and the canteen. They must also wear masks on public transport or on school buses.
- Students do not need to wear masks outdoors or during PE lessons.
- Please note that staff do not have to wear masks while teaching or directly communicating with students.
Students may wear their own cloth masks however teachers will be providing surgical masks each day for students who need one.
Your child might have questions about wearing masks. It’s important we continue to follow SA Health advice and your continued cooperation is greatly appreciated as we help students and staff with this necessary change.
Thank you very much for your support during the lockdown. We look forward to having your child back at Unley High School tomorrow.
Unley High School
27 July – Principal Tour update
Unfortunately we have been directed to postpone our Principal’s Tours scheduled for this Wednesday 28 July and Thursday 29 July. The Minister for Education and the Department for Education’s Chief Executive have sent a directive to all South Australian schools to keep nonessential visitors to sites to a minimum. We will reschedule tours once this directive has been lifted.
New tour dates will be advertised once they have been set. Ticket holders should have received an email.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Today the Premier announced a 7-day statewide lockdown starting at 6.00pm tonight (Tuesday 20 July through till Tuesday 27 July).
Only the children of essential workers and vulnerable children will be able to attend school.
A skeleton staff will provide supervision but not a learning program for tomorrow Wednesday 21 July. This day will be used by teachers to prepare their online learning programs for Thursday through to Tuesday. If your child needs to attend school, we will be here for them.
All students have been asked to take home their electronic devices, books and anything else they need to continue their learning from home.
The Unley HS Online Learning Program:
- The school timetable will be maintained for online learning from Thursday till Tuesday.
- Teachers will notify students of their learning programs which may include a range of platforms such as Daymap, Google Classroom, Zoom, Stile or Mathspace. Please ask your student/s to check their school emails and Google Classroom for details and directions.
- Teachers will be available to support students during their normal timetabled lesson times.
- Teachers will be keeping class rolls to ensure students are working online.
Could parents who are essential workers please let me know today the names of students who will be attending school during the lockdown. These students are asked to meet in the STEM foyer at 8:45am each day and to bring their electronic device and headphone. Students will work online the same as students who are in lockdown at home. They will also need to bring their lunch as no canteen services will be available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All South Australians are making sacrifices to ensure our community remains as safe as possible. We appreciate that this is a significant undertaking for you and your family. Your child’s teacher, our support staff and I are here to support you where we can.
Unley High School